LIVE YOUR LIFE

Live as many as you can, as well as you can. You never know if it will be your last."

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Favorite Women in Music... Part Two of Six...

.

Natalie Merchant. Solo artist and the singer for 10,000 Maniacs. She can take a sad song and somehow make you feel good inside... Go figure...
.
.
.

This is Miki Berenyi of Lush. Lush was an indie band in the 90's and the first song I ever heard was on MTV's 120 minutes. It was called The Sweetness and The Light... The sound was absolutely enchanting and haunting simultaneously... and I was hooked for the entire ride.
.
.

.
Kate Bush. I think we live in an era of one-dimensional pop stars, but her music is layers upon layers of depth and richness. She has a voice that makes you turn, listen and hope the song she is singing never stops.
.
.
.
If Rock and Roll has a bad girl, it's Joan Jett of Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, complete with attitude and an edge. Rolling Stone says she's one of the greatest guitarist of all times. In her music video I Love Rock and Roll, she flips you off near the end of the video, on stage! It slipped right pass the VETO board there at MTV and she ended up being the first artist to get away with doing that.
.
.
.
Delores O'Riordan of The Cranberries. She said it best when she said she was an artist, not 'just' a musician. Of all the things that probably should be said about her, what I can never get out of my head is how her accent comes across when she sings. I know that may sound trivial but hey... I love it.