LIVE YOUR LIFE

Live as many as you can, as well as you can. You never know if it will be your last."

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Favorite Women in Music... Part Three of Six...

.
..
.
Here is Kate Pierson of The B-52's. My favorite material that she has done is still off of The B-52's debut album. I remember how different it sounded compared to anything else out there... and it was Kate Pierson's quirky sensuality that threw my preteen thoughts into overdrive.
.
.
.
Here's Ann Wilson and Nancy Wilson, sisters, and the 'heart' of Heart. I remember hearing Barracuda on the radio as a kid, and thinking that these 'Chicks' knew how to rock. Little did I know that many years later I would see them in concert, sandwiched between Cheap Trick and Journey, two bands that are really good live, but it was Heart that literally stole the show.
.
.
.
Sade... I know this is about music but may I add that she is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Words won't work here... Simply put, on a scale of 1-10... She is an 11. Voice, poise, presence, you name it.
.
.
.Of course there is Stevie Nicks, Solo artist and member of Fleetwood Mac. You know the voice when you here it... that is a given. Where I think she surpassed her critics was when she was able to fully contribute, full-time, to Fleetwood Mac and still have enough great material for a solo career.
.
.
.

If you know Sophie B. Hawkins by her largest commercial success, Tongues and Tails, you're lucky... but what she did afterward that was also some great stuff. As a post script, when I saw her perform in Chicago... just amazing. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.